Thursday, March 5, 2009

Read At Your Own Risk


I know it seems like forever since you have heard from Alaska!  Precious Michelle has encouraged me to do an Alaska checkup.  Let me see.... snow today....hmmm...snow yesterday....snow last week.  Don't let all this snow fool you, we do have a few signs that indeed spring (or summer we don't have much spring) is on its way.  We know this because our daylight hours thankfully have been increasing  with each sunrise and set!  People have more of a hop in their step.  Even Baby is more adventuresome.  When the melt does come (in May) the salmon will be coming soon after and you-all-know-what-that-means!  Yes, more fish pictures!

As you may know I am going through Beth Moore's study on Esther and have been getting a great deal from it.  One of our recent weeks was about fear.  I loved it.  Coming from a long line of worriers (which I consider, fear in a package), the lesson really spoke to me.  One of my favorite things in the teaching had to do with God asking Moore a "what if..(insert your worst fear)....." question.  The senerio went like this - Moore answered, I'd be devestated....God, "then what?" I'd throw a fit.... God, "then what?", I'd take it out on everyone else... God, "and then?"  I'd have to get my Bible out, maybe find a promise....   Well you probably get the idea.  The only people who look at this blog are the woman young and old, whom I love and all of you are mighty in the Lord whether you feel like it or not.  You all will continue no matter what if!  

Father, bless us all with courage today.  Help us to be examples of faith, as Debby who stood next to her husband as he died and proclaim, GOD HAS A PLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

alisha said...

Debby's pretty amazing.