Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Cold

Just a little note about the cold we are experiencing in Anchorage.  First of all, let me say, thank the Lord for a heated garage!  What a blessing that is!  Today I had to do some errands (including fueling up) out negative temps.  My cars outside temp measured as low as -18 today.  Thought I'd give you a heads up about how that feels.  When you get out of your car to go in your face is stung by the cold.  If you take a big deep breath you cough.  The worst thing is that your nose hairs automatically frost up!  It's all part of the Big Alaskan Adventure!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Bethie-
Looks like you are are in store for a warm up...now it will be WARM enough for snow!! How CRAZY is that!!!!! I've been thinking about you a lot in all that cold weather and darkness. I love you and Dale...take care of little Baby, she's got to be sooo cold when she goes out.

Claire Helena said...

Hi Beth-I'm Meghan's friend Claire. I'm not sure if you remember me-but I came across your blog and I love it! Stay warm-and I'll be checking back for more updates on that insane weather!

Lisa Koontz said...

Bethie-
Can please update your blog?? So much is going on in Alaska...first and earthquake and NOW a Volcano!!! Pictures of the Volcano erupting would be so awesome!!!!!